Mr. C., a 32-year-old single man, is seeking information at the outpatient center regarding possible bariatric surgery for his obesity. He reports that he has always been heavy, even as a small child, but he has gained about 100 pounds in the last 2-3 years. Previous medical evaluations have not indicated any metabolic diseases, but he says he has high blood pressure, which he tries to control with sodium restriction and sleep apnea. He current works at a catalog telephone center.
Height: 68 inches; Weight 134.5 kg
BP: 172/96, HR 88, RR 26
Fasting Blood Glucose: 146/mg/dL
Total Cholesterol: 250mg/dL
Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
HDL: 30 mg/dL
Critical Thinking Questions
1) What health risks associated with obesity does Mr. C. have? Is bariatric surgery an appropriate intervention? Why or why not?
2) Mr. C. has been diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease and the following medications have been ordered:
a) Magnesium hydroxide/aluminum hydroxide (Mylanta) 15 mL PO 1 hour before bedtime and 3 hours after mealtime and at bedtime
b) Ranitidine (Zantac) 300 mg PO at bedtime
c) Sucralfate / Carafate 1 g or 10ml suspension (500mg / 5mL) 1 hour before meals and at bedtime.
The patient reports eating meals at 7 a.m., noon, and 6 p.m., and a bedtime snack at 10 p.m. Plan an administration schedule that will be most therapeutic and acceptable to the patient.
3) Assess each of Mr. C.'s functional health patterns using the information given. (Hint: Functional health patterns include health-perception - health management, nutritional - metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception - self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality - reproductive, coping - stress tolerance.)
What actual or potential problems can you identify? Describe at least five problems and provide the rationale for each.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:02 am ad1c9bdddf
Nursing conceptual models
Select a client concern and then analyze that concern using the approaches of three nursing conceptual models. My paper needs to be between 2,100 to 2,450 words the cover and references pages are not included in the word count.
The three nursing models that I would like to utilize are: Imogene King, Betty Neuman, and Sister Callista Roy. My client concern is Ageing.
1. Describe a client concern that is relevant to nursing
2. Describe three approaches to the concern using three nursing conceptual models
3. Suggest approaches that are congruent with the nursing models chosen
4. Describe the implications of using the nursing models selected in practice
5. Describe at least 3 benefits gained from examining practice concerns using a nursing model
At least 10 professional references, including no more than 2 web sites, are used to develop paper; therefore, can you provide the full references and I can then go to the library to research further.
Thank you for your guidance!!View Full Posting Details