Explain and discuss how literature could be a benefit of anyone's life.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:07 pm ad1c9bdddf
Benefits of Literature
What is literature? By etymology, the traditional definition of literature has to do with 'letters', the written work. Literature is expression of thoughts, ideas, creativity and human intellect using letters - communicating via the use of language. Many people demarcate about what literature is - some are 'higher' in value - as in the classical works of the Greeks and Romans (Latin) and 'common entertainment literature' like comic books utilizing shallow storylines. Overall, they are materials we can read, using language to entertain, to learn and know - to gain knowledge, get guidance or find meaning, so that, "The common definition of literature, particularly for university courses, is that it covers the major genres of poetry, drama, and novel/fiction," as expressed by Terry Eagleton (McMullen, n.d.). I am an avid reader, when I was younger I used to purchase a lot of comic books, paperbacks from genres ranging to teen detective stories, to superheroes, science fiction and war novels. I also continue to this very day appreciate classical poetry. Having ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) on the topic of the benefits of literature. An example (which is reflective) is provided via the work of poet Sara Teasdale. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic. A word version is also attached.
Benefits of a literature review in an applied dissertation
Can you help me to garner some thoughts for this assignment? Thanks.
The following list includes potential benefits of conducting a literature review: Pick two and describe their importance to your Applied Dissertation.
Here is my problem statement and sub-problems:
Problem Statement: The purpose of this study is to determine if mandated course(s) in cultural competence taken by nursing students at a community college in New Jersey, improve their delivery of treatment, and reproductive care, to women from diverse backgrounds.
1. Does geographic region (rural or urban) impact cultural competence?
2. Does a 'working knowledge' of "Medical Spanish" impact cultural competence?
THE EIGHT BENEFITS OF LIT. REVIEWS
1. Provides confidence as you discover other individuals' interest in the research area.
2. Allow you to get new or different ideas that you may not have thought about.
3. Provide networking opportunities with other individuals in the field.
4. Allows you to preview what methods others have used and derive strengths and weaknesses found in these methods that could be utilized to enhance your research project.
5. Valuable resource that may disclose sources of information that you were previously unaware of.
6. Potential to provide access to measurement tools created or used by other individuals that have been effective.
7. Potential to reveal problems other individuals have come across in their research that may help you to combat problems that you are facing.
8. Help understand your findings and help you to relate you research to previous research (Leedy and Ormrod, 2001).
Also, now that I have my sub-problems: What are some of the potential pitfalls of attempting this research effort(that you can see)?