Suppose you live in a new suburban community that combines all the amenities and benefits of a close, small community with the benefits of living near the big city. Some years pass and several children and adults in the community start developing extensive and similar illnesses. You think this is clearly not a case of genetics, and you become suspicious that something has gone wrong in the development planning and execution of your community.
Answer the following questions as if you were investigating the situation.
Note. You are not meant to solve this problem. Instead, you should focus on the steps you would take to investigate the problem.
1. What questions will you ask yourself? Others? (list at least three of each)
2. Who would you talk to?
3. What sources would you use to conduct your research? Why? What makes those sources reliable?
4. What obstacles to critical thinking may you encounter? How would you overcome those?
5. What strategies would you apply to help foster critical thinking to help lead you to the solution?
6. What assumptions do you have that you need to be aware of to ensure they are not interfering with your critical analysis of the situation?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 20, 2018, 12:53 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/english-language-and-literature/language/questioning-investigating-suburban-communities-539455
Why haven't I gotten sick?
Do all the people who got sick live in the same area or live scattered throughout the community?
Have I lived here the same amount of time as those who are sick or have I lived here less time?
Do you work in the same place as others who are sick?
When did you first notice that you were getting sick?
Do you have any idea where the sickness may have come from or what is causing the illness?
I would talk to the people who are currently sick.
I would talk to healthy people in the community and try to determine similarities and differences in the habits, lifestyles and ...
The solution discusses questioning and investigating suburban communities.