You mentioned that creativity is lacking in schools these days. With the new Common Core State Standards (CCSS), there is an expectation that this will reduce creativity. This is really difficult to say because the entire roll out of the CCSS will take several years. Hopefully, there will be revisions to address any inadequacies. While it is important to address the skills employers want, our country's creativity is the desire of other nations. Consider whether there is a happy medium and how that can be integrated into the CCS.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:14 am ad1c9bdddf
The idea behind the Common Core State Standards (currently adopted by 26 states) is to prepare youth for 21st century college and career readiness and adaptability using higher brain level explicit skills like
· Critical Thinking
· Global Communication
· Information Literacy
· Information Management
· Media/Technology Literacy
The core standards also include inherent skills like
· Global Empathy
· Problem Solving
· Creativity and ...
This solution discusses Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and creativity.
Common Core State Standards and Differentiating Instruction
For this discussion:
1. Create two measurable lesson objectives that are aligned with one Common Core Standard.
2. For each of the objectives, create two differentiated strategies designed to master the objective.
3. Explain how the strategies you've suggested are engaging to diverse learners.
4. Cite scholarly sources to support how your strategies are examples of differentiation.View Full Posting Details