I need help with explaining how an instructional design theory or model (ADDIE, ASSURE, HPT, etc.) impacts instructions and the "added value" that it might bring a teacher's instructions. Is there a positive and negative way that this instructional theory or model may influence the delivery of the instruction?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:42 am ad1c9bdddf
Please find below my research to assist you in responding to your assignment.
Thank you for patronizing BrainMass.
ADDIE briefly describes its five phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation. The ADDIE instructional design involves strategic planning which consists of a designed blueprint that has to be followed. This model has been used for many years and it works more as a 'device' to guide the teacher on the course's design. It may appear linear but it doesn't need to be followed as is and has been used in various ways.
The ADDIE model has withstood the test of time and has proven to lead the learners to better results because all the steps are focused on the learners and how it can help them acquire the desired outcome. ...
This solution provides a description and definition of ADDIE, and also describes the advantages and disadvantages.
Phases of ADDIE Model
I need some help answering questions on different models of education:
- Discuss the phases of the ADDIE model.
- Discuss Gagne's Theory of Instruction model and the connection of Gagne's Nine Events of Instruction within the model.
- Define Bloom's Taxonomy, and explain the connection between Bloom's Taxonomy verbs and the Analysis Phase of design models. Explain the connection between Bloom's Taxonomy verbs and learner assessment.
- Compare and Contrast Bloom's Taxonomy against Gagne's A Taxonomy of Learning Outcomes.
- Provide examples of designed elements that might reflect Gagne's Nine Events of Instruction within instructional design.
- Explain how the use of an instructional design model might ensure that societal, cultural, and diversity needs are included in an instructional event.
- Discuss program evaluation and how it differs from learner assessment. Be sure to explain how instructional design models ensure that both critical elements are included during the design process.