Here's the assignment:
Choose one book and provide the title, author, and a brief synopsis.
1. Create a 5-day mini-unit of study in which you unfold a plan for developing students' fluency.
2. Include at least five different activities and a minimum of one end of unit assessment within your 5-day unit.
3. Recommended lesson plan templates would include SIOP, EEI and UBD, located within the Student Success Center.
Concurrently, provide a brief overview of your mini-unit. This should be 500-750 words in length and summarize the major theme of the unit.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:52 am ad1c9bdddf
The goal of such a mini unit is to begin to assess the fluency level of your upper elementary to middle school student. This is important because at this grade level you will likely have a broad range of reading abilities represented in your classroom. In order to avoid some students with poor reading skills going undetected, it is important to develop such a unit to help the teacher gauge where each student is and learn what needs to be focused on with particular students.
For this unit, why don't you create something fun that the students can do in the class, while providing you with the assessments you need to judge the fluency level of your students. This is geared to a fourth grade class. Kind of like testing them without them not even knowing it. Let me demonstrate with a play. Choose Aesop's Fables as an example.
Day One: Help your students understand the reading will eventually come as naturally to them as speaking with their friends. They just need to practice. Today they will do just that by ...
The expert examines fluency reading plans.
Showing parents how program aligns curriculum plans with early learning standards and the importance of play and socialization is emphasized.
1. An introduction to early learning standards and the program's vision for young children's learning
2. Identification of developmentally appropriate practices for teaching young children
3. An overview of a lesson plan for each of the following:
4. Details outlining the importance of play and socialization in young children's learning, growth, and development
5. Assessment strategies for the assessment of children's learning, growth, and development
6. Resource list to include a list of books, web pages, and/or other resources used to plan curriculum
7. Summary of the importance of early learning standards and well-planned activities, and how these foster young children's learning