Identify strategies for assisting families in crisis and include an analysis of the educational implications© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 16, 2018, 8:56 am ad1c9bdddf
Identify strategies for assisting families in crisis and include an analysis of the educational implications.
Strategies to assist families in crisis:
1. Provision of early intervention and prevention information, assessment, counseling, etc.
2. Use of childcare services to support families in addressing their personal issues.
3. Development of community partnerships by improving coordination of services and employing a combined learning approach to help give more information.
4. In working with families in crisis, the intervening staff must be aware of how their own feelings are affecting them and the intervention process.
5. Families in crisis usually require specialized crisis intervention strategies so when assessing the situation, intervening staff must involve the entire family in the assessment and problem-solving processes.
6. Always provide factual information and instill realistic hope aside from showing enthusiasm and modeling a sense of humor and fun to minimize stress in the situation and make the members feel relaxed. Allow for questions from the members to organize their thoughts.
7. Keep communication open by talking about what is happening; analyze family members' feelings and what they need from ...
The solution identifies the strategies for assisting families in crisis and it also includes an analysis of the educational implications. References included.