How many minimum-length Ethernet frames can a 10-Mbps switch port forward in one second, assuming no collision? The answer is 14880. Show the calculations that will yield the answer provided. Do not forget to as the Inter-frame Gap after each transmitted frame.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:26 am ad1c9bdddf
Inter-frame Gap = 12 Bytes
MAC Preamble = 8 Bytes
MAC Destination Address = 6 Bytes
Estimation of minimum number of Ethernet frames by a 10-Mbps switch per second.
1. What is the minimum size of an Ethernet frame, in bytes?
2. What is the Maximum size of an Ethernet frame in bytes?
3. If the time for one bit 100 nanoseconds, how long does it take to transmit a minimum-sized Ethernet frame?
4. How long does it take to transmit a maximum-sized Ethernet frame?
5. How long does it take to transmit an Ethernet frame that contain 256 bytes in the data field?