Hi, I need some assistance understanding the answers to the following multiple choice questions:
1. The weight of a body varies according to the force of gravity exerted on the body.
2. An anion is the a:
- Positive pole in an electrical system
- Subatomic part of an atom
- Molecule with a +1 net charge
- Negatively charged molecule
3. Determine the number of moles of aluminum in 96.7 g of Al:
- 0.279 mol
- 3.58 mol
- 7.43 mol
- 4.21 mol
- 6.02 ^ 1023 mol
4. The mass of four moles of molecular bromine (Br2) is:
- 80 g
- 320 g
- 640 g
- 140 g
- 24 ^1023 g
5. An irregularly shaped piece of metal with a mass of 114 g was placed into a graduated cylinder that contained 25.00 mL of water. This raised the water level to 42.50 mL. What is the density of the metal?
- 7.25 g/mL
- 6.5 g/mL
- 2.68 g/mL
- 0.592 g/mL
Hello and thank you for posting your questions to Brainmass!
Here are my answers:
1. This is exactly the definition of weight. Weight is the force exerted on an object by gravity.
2. An anion is a ...
This solution is composed of full explanations to each of the above chemistry-based problems. References are also provided to support the answers. Equations are given in the cases in which they are needed and are supplemented with reasoning as to why the question needed to be approached in that way.