I really need help with these five organic chemistry problems. I am lost on how to begin and how to do them.
1. Propose a mechanism for the entire reaction of 1-pentyne with HBr. Show why Markovnikov's rule should be observed in this addition.
2. Propose a mechanism for the entire reaction of 1-pentyne with HBr in the presence of peroxide.
3. When 2-pentyne reacts with mercuric sulfate in dilute sulfuric acid, the product is a mixture of two ketones. Give the structures of these products.
4. Draw the structure of the major product(s) formed when 2-pentyne is treated with a (i) cold, dilute solution of neutral potassium permanganate; (ii) warm, basic permanganate
5. Draw the structure of the major product(s) formed when 1-hexyne is subjected to ozonolysis, followed by hydrolysis.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 9:53 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solutin explains how to solve a variety of organic chemistry problems.