Refer to the following information when answering questions 24 and 25:
When ignited, solid ammonium dichromate decomposes in an energetic, fiery display. The decomposition produces nitrogen gas, water vapour, and chromium (III) ocide. The temperature is constant at 298 K.
(Please see the attachment for the table and proper equation format.)
24. What is deltaSo for the reaction?
25. What is deltaGo for the reaction?
26. Determine deltaGrxno for the dissociation of the weak acid, HF, in aqueous solution at 298 K?
27. What is the expected pH of an aqueous solution containing 1.00 M HF?
28. What is the expected pH of an aqueous solution containing 0.40 M CH3COOH (Ka = 1.8 x 10^-5) and 0.40 M NaCH3COO?
29. What is the molecularity of the following elementary reaction: O3 -> O2 + O© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 5:51 am ad1c9bdddf
See the attached file.
24. (NH4)2Cr2O7 → N2 + 4H2O + Cr2O3
ΔS = [1 x S (N2) + 4 x S (H2O) + 1 x S (Cr2O3)] - [ 1 x S ((NH4)2Cr2O7 )]
ΔS = [1x191.5 + 4x118.7 + 1x81.2] - [1x113.7] = 633.8 Jmol-1K-1
25. ΔH = [1 x ΔH (N2) + 4 x ΔH (H2O) + 1 x ΔH ...
The expert examines chemical reaction and decomposition for solid ammonium dichromate.