Weather balloon is filled with 4.0 liters of helium at 27 degree C and 1.0atm. What volume does the balloon have when it has risen to a point in the atmosphere where the pressure is 200 Torr and the temperature is minus -45 degree C?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:37 pm ad1c9bdddf
The volume of a whether balloon filled is calculated at an altitude where the temperature is small.
1. How many grams of CO2 would be formed from 20 grams of C8H10 in the following (UNBALANCED) reaction?
C8H10 + O2 --> CO2 + H2O
2. How many moles of CO2 would be formed from 40 grams of CaCO3 in the following (UNBALANCED) equation?
CaCO3 + HCl --> CaCl2 + CO2 + H2O
3. A gas sample has an original volume of 700 ml when collected at 750 mm and 25oC. What will be the volume of the gas sample if the pressure increases to 810 mm and the temperature increases to 30oC?
4. A gas sample has an original volume of 550 ml when collected at 740 mm and 30oC. If a change is made in the gas temperature which causes the volume of the gas sample to become 700 ml at 1.00 atm, what is the new temperature?
5. A sample of SO2 gas which weighs 1.50 grams has a volume of 1.40 liters when collected at 45oC. What would be the pressure of the gas sample?View Full Posting Details