Your manager has asked you to investigate the internet marketing strategies used by the company's major competitors. Consider Apple, Dell and Gateway.
1. What market segment(s) seem to be targeted by the company?
2. What is/are the most important customer benefit(s) stressed?
3. How does the company attempt to connect (develop a relationship) with its customers?
4. What is the company's chief strategic advantage over its competitors?
5. What features should your company build into its web site that would rival the competitor's site?
The solution discusses the marketing strategies for Apple, Dell and Gateway.