1. I am an American citizen, how should my negotiation strategy reflect my cultural values?
2. How should I construct a negotiation strategy to appeal to the cultural values of my negotiation counterparty?
From an American perspective, this solution discusses how an American person's negotiation strategy would reflect American cultural values. This solution discusses how to construct a negotiation strategy to appeal to the cultural values of the negotiation counter-party. Supplemented with an article on negotiation and cross cultural considerations.
Global Management - National Culture
1. Is it possible to understand and discuss organization culture without understanding the national culture in which the organization operates? Why or why not?
2. What are some of the key challenges involved in creating cooperation within the organization in which you work? How are these challenges affected by differences in national cultures?
3. What key skills do managers in international organizations need in order to lead their organizations successfully? Why?
4. What are a few well-known overseas projects, mergers, or acquisitions that flopped due to cultural differences? What were several cultural issues that created problems? What could the parties involved have done to overcome the cultural challenges that arose?
5. Describe some of the key aspects of your company's organizational values. Assess the degree to which the espoused values of the company match its enacted values, giving specific examples to support your conclusions. If your country were to expand overseas, what approaches do you believe it would use to assimilate the new employees to its existing organizational culture? Would it even be possible to assimilate them?View Full Posting Details