My main problem is that I am not quite sure how to conduct a SWOT analysis. Is there any information you could give me on this?
Virgin Atlantic is a relatively young airline, and yet it succeeds to compete quite well on the market.
Using your readings, the Library, and the Internet, write responses to each of the following:
1. What is your impression of the world wide operation of Virgin Atlantic?
2. Conduct a SWOT Analysis of Virgin Atlantic.
3. Does Virgin Atlantic have a competitive advantage and/or a competitive strategy? Justify your answer.
4. Describe the components of the Virgin Atlantic value chain.
5. What strategic alternatives are open to Virgin Atlantic? Explain and justify your answer.
I hope this will be helpful to you in your studies.
A SWOT analysis is relatively easy to conduct. What you want to do is to make a list with headings like this:
Then you start doing some research on Virgin Atlantic. In this research you are looking for the following with which to fill in the items in the above list.
Strengths (what Virgin Atlantic can do)
Weaknesses (what Virgin Atlantic cannot do)
Opportunities (potential favorable conditions for Virgin)
Threats (potential unfavorable conditions for Virgin Atlantic)
You will want to separate ...
This general guidance on how to do a SWOT Analysis of company using Virgin Atlantic as an example.