** Please see the attached file for the complete problem description **
Think about your firm (any type of organization can be used) and other players in the sector. It is possible to gain strategic advantage through technological change but very often the problem arises of lack of key resources to follow through on a chosen strategy. In particular knowledge resources are critical and many firms are seeking to find partnerships, joint ventures and other ways of working closely together with other firms, which can offer complementary resources.
If your firm wanted to move in a particular new direction, what resources could it bring to the party and where is it weak and needing the support of others? Assuming it needed to access other complementary resources, who should it be looking to partner with? And what do you think would be the likely advantages and disadvantages of such an arrangement
Try and capture the key points in a simple summary. You might like to use the chart below to help you structure your submission.
Particular Gaps which your Who might Likely likely
strengths firm needs to fill you partner advantages disadvantages
(distinctive with complementary up with - and of doing of doing
competencies) resources how? this? this?
of your firm)
This solution provides a detailed analysis of the given business assignment.
VERY SHORT INFO NEEDED-One of the most effective approaches for creating a sustainable, competitive advantage are complementary strategic alliances. Your first section of the post justify whether you agree that complementary strategic alliances are the best approach. Be sure to refer to the basic requirements for sustainable competitive advantage that are found in a business-level strategy. Utilize research, rationale, and appropriate examples in your response to help me best understand this topic but I only need 750-1000 words total. I have already done majority of the assignment.
In section 2 pick one of the following: ( I posted the definitions of the work I already researched)
1. A strategic alliance-This is a cooperative strategy in which firms combine some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage.
2. A joint venture-This is a strategic alliance in which two or more firms create a legally independent company to share some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of developing a competitive advantage.
3. An equity strategic-This is an alliance is an alliance in which two or more firms own different percentages of the company they have formed by combining some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage
4. nonequity strategic alliance- This is an alliance in which two or more firms develop a contractual relationship to share some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage.
4. business-level cooperative strategy. This is a strategy through which firms combine some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage by competing in one or more product markets
5. Complementary strategic alliances-These are business-level alliances in which firms share some of their resources and capabilities in complementary ways for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage.
After you picked one explain how it can enable a firm to achieve a corporate strategy goal. In selecting and defending your choice, be sure to explain the particular advantages that a cooperative strategy brings
(three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response that best ties it all together to help me understand.View Full Posting Details