VERY SHORT INFO NEEDED-One of the most effective approaches for creating a sustainable, competitive advantage are complementary strategic alliances. Your first section of the post justify whether you agree that complementary strategic alliances are the best approach. Be sure to refer to the basic requirements for sustainable competitive advantage that are found in a business-level strategy. Utilize research, rationale, and appropriate examples in your response to help me best understand this topic but I only need 750-1000 words total. I have already done majority of the assignment.
In section 2 pick one of the following: ( I posted the definitions of the work I already researched)
1. A strategic alliance-This is a cooperative strategy in which firms combine some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage.
2. A joint venture-This is a strategic alliance in which two or more firms create a legally independent company to share some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of developing a competitive advantage.
3. An equity strategic-This is an alliance is an alliance in which two or more firms own different percentages of the company they have formed by combining some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage
4. nonequity strategic alliance- This is an alliance in which two or more firms develop a contractual relationship to share some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage.
4. business-level cooperative strategy. This is a strategy through which firms combine some of their resources and capabilities for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage by competing in one or more product markets
5. Complementary strategic alliances-These are business-level alliances in which firms share some of their resources and capabilities in complementary ways for the purpose of creating a competitive advantage.
After you picked one explain how it can enable a firm to achieve a corporate strategy goal. In selecting and defending your choice, be sure to explain the particular advantages that a cooperative strategy brings
(three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response that best ties it all together to help me understand.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 8:03 am ad1c9bdddf
This is for Instructional Purpose Only. Use the Detailed Information Provided to Develop Your Essay. Thanks.
First, it is necessary to understand the scope of strategic alliances before proceeding to giving two examples of complimentary strategic alliances in a business-level strategy.
Scope of Complementary Strategic Alliances
Different businesses have their diverse and unique strengths in producing their unique products and (or) services (P&S). The unique strength(s) of any specific organization becomes its competitive asset(s) or advantage that it uses in performing higher than its competitors in the same industry. Based on the concept of each firm possessing its own competitive asset(s), the idea of complementary strategic alliances evolves. Complementary strategic alliances helps different firms to sustain their unique competitive advantages. Complementary Strategic alliances denotes different forms of business strategy by which autonomous organizations agree to work with one another for the purpose of achieving common goal(s) that are beneficial to the organizations involved; complimentary strategic alliances to one another (Media & Sarkissian, 2015).
Some advantages of complementary strategic alliances are (1) organizational benefit whereby partners in alliance provide products or service that are complementary and creates a collaboration, (2) economic benefit of economies of scale whereby high production capacity reduces the expense on a unit of P&S, (3) strategic benefit of creating vertical unification whereby an organization's partners becomes units of its supply chain management, and (4) political benefit whereby it would be easier to ...
Benefits of strategic alliances are provided.