What abilities do you think are especially important for success in senior-level management positions? Can someone with lack of any of these abilities be successful in senior level positions? Why or why not? Describe a success story of a senior level leader.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 7:34 pm ad1c9bdddf
The senior level management will require following abilities for success:
1. The Planning and Organizing will be the most important managerial functions at senior levels therefore abilities to form plans, strategies, objectives, goals and organize all activities around the strategic requirements are most important.
2. The conceptual skills are most important at senior level because they are basis to address all organizational critical issues to survive and grow.
3. Inculcate values in Organization.
4. Leading the entire Organization from front.
5. Have a ...
This solution discusses five abilities required for success in a senior level management position and provides a list of seven others. It also describes a success story of a senior level leader, using the example of Bill Clinton.
Difference between strategic, long-term and short-term objective
1. What is the difference between strategic, long-term, and short-term objectives? What is the relationship between objectives and goals? What are some examples of this relationship? Be sure to integrate the key concepts from this week.
2. Identify 3 reasons why companies outsource. Be sure to integrate material from the reading or an outside source. Identify a company that has outsourced and discuss why the outsource strategy was or was not successful.
3. Define one of the three generic strategies and provide an example of a firm using the strategy.
4. Identify a firm that you believe is using one of the 15 grand strategies. Tell what the strategy is and why you think the firm is using that strategy.
5. Has your organization's strategic plan been communicated to you? If so, how and by whom? If not, how would such communication improve your organizational effectiveness? Is it important for employees to know the strategic plan of a company? Why or why not?
6. How do leaders shape an organization's culture? Why is culture important?
1,806 wordsView Full Posting Details