You are the Process Improvement Manager at your organization. You have been assigned the project of identifying the current performance levels of the establishment as well as a introducing various process improvement strategies, such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc., to improve the overall productivity of the employees and the organization. After reviewing the results of the employee survey, the senior leadership team identified several areas for improvement. One of the issues is the quality and safety in the production department.
The department managers meet with you to discuss implementing a safety and quality process improvement process (PIP) within their departments. You have expertise and experience in using quality processes as part of organizational change and development. However, you want to use the most current and effective methods, so you tell them you want to benchmark state-of-the-art organizational process improvements.
- Write a 5-7 page response that you can bring to the next department-level meeting outlining what steps you will take to complete this project.
- Research current methodologies and tools for improving organizational performance through quality improvement processes.
- Prepare a high-level overview of methods, options, and recommendations for the types of methods and tools that you believe will be best suited to the situation.
- Tie your recommendations to the organizational change effort being undertaken in the organization.
- Use APA style***© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 22, 2018, 8:28 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/six-sigma/514820
Hope you are well.
Businesses strive for a quality product by implementing safety measures for progressing towards the targeted goal entailed to produce value for the consumer market. By presenting a more sufficient way in meeting product production goals, at times, the improvement of processes are required for reaching organization efficiency.
Let's take a look at the issues that relate to quality and safety in the production department:
- The next department-level meeting outlining what steps you will take to complete this project.
Within any department-level meeting, the main objectives are to be covered with planning for a quality improvement strategy for managers. Thus, the following are key areas of focus:
1. Quality Control in processes as a way of lowering costs and improving yield.
2. The ability for department senior management for making decisions on the basis of verifiable data and statistical methods, rather than assumptions and guesswork.
3. Creating project teams within each department for a solidification of a structural framework - that processes are measured, analyzed, improved and controlled.
Try and think of outlining key areas of focus that relate towards planned methodologies, strategies and implementation. Thus, the noted 3 above examples reinforces targeted quality improvement initiatives for discussion to the senior management team. By honing on the main areas of focus for the planned methodology strategies it provides a clear and concise objective in effectively communicating.
- Research current methodologies and tools for improving organizational performance through quality improvement processes
In order for companies to ...
This solution discusses personnel and organizaton policy changes that impact productivity and quality measures for manufacturing initiatives goals. This solution is approximately 850 words and includes three resources for further research.