Please help me with the following:
Workplace observation paper
Prepare a 420 -430 word paper in which you describe the observable aspects of organizational cultures. describe the following aspects at their selected organization (Target is the organization selected)
Mission Standards and behavior
briefly discuss the differences amount the selected organization.
we choose target"
APA format please references in APA as well© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 8:46 pm ad1c9bdddf
Organizational culture has been studied from a variety of perspectives ranging from disciplines such as sociology to applied disciplines such as organizational behavior, communication and management science, (Allaire and Firsirotu, 1984). Culture is a group of individuals transforming themselves into social groups and rises from social interactions either intentional or unintentional, (Wuthhnow and Witten, 1988). What this means is that culture is made up of observable forms such as language, use of symbols, ceremonies, customs, use of tools or technology and design of work settings.
Target's philosophy is to expect more of everything. From their designs, choices, convenience, services, and items you will never find anywhere else, (Target, 2007). Target works with the community and creates partnerships with both the national and local communities. In addition, they work towards helping the consumer to pay less overall than their competition. Target is most recognizable by their bull's eye target, dog and their red shirts. Their use of symbols and uniforms is throughout their entire organization and is a form of observable culture.
Organizational culture has been studied from a variety of perspectives ranging from disciplines such as sociology to applied disciplines such as organizational behavior, communication and management science, (Allaire and Firsirotu, 1984). Culture is a group of individuals transforming themselves
Global Management - National Culture
1. Is it possible to understand and discuss organization culture without understanding the national culture in which the organization operates? Why or why not?
2. What are some of the key challenges involved in creating cooperation within the organization in which you work? How are these challenges affected by differences in national cultures?
3. What key skills do managers in international organizations need in order to lead their organizations successfully? Why?
4. What are a few well-known overseas projects, mergers, or acquisitions that flopped due to cultural differences? What were several cultural issues that created problems? What could the parties involved have done to overcome the cultural challenges that arose?
5. Describe some of the key aspects of your company's organizational values. Assess the degree to which the espoused values of the company match its enacted values, giving specific examples to support your conclusions. If your country were to expand overseas, what approaches do you believe it would use to assimilate the new employees to its existing organizational culture? Would it even be possible to assimilate them?View Full Posting Details