Have you ever started a new job and discovered that the new environment differed greatly from that of your previous workplace? The values, practices, policies, and people at an organization help to make up its culture. This culture is an important factor when considering how an organization will respond to change.
Select an organization that is fairly well known to most people. Based on information obtained at the organization's Web site, articles, research, anecdotal evidence, and personal experience, you are to answer the following:
- Describe the artifacts you find or recall that define the culture of the organization.
- Indicate what these artifacts reveal to you about the shared values and basic assumptions of the organization you selected.
- Discuss the impact that culture has on individuals within the organization.
- Discuss the level and type of diversity within the organizational culture.
- Evaluate how this organization's culture would facilitate or hinder planned change efforts.
An outline to start you off. Let me know what areas you might need further help with. :)
WENDY'S : http://www.aboutwendys.com/responsibility/
-Describe the artifacts you find or recall that define the culture of the organization.
The little girl with the pigtails. She defined the family friendly fast food restaurant. People wanted to go there and take their kids with the presumption that the food and restaurant was kid friendly.
Dave Thomas and his picture everywhere. Dave, his push for quality, and his charitable work were always out in front. He approved the menu and the company and its direction. He believed in good quality and he did a lot of work for charities, especially adoption related charities. People and children first.
The big square hamburgers - Not like any other restaurant. Square burgers were different and memorable as were the single, double, and triple ...
This solution introduces the students to important information about Wendy's organizational culture, it's artifacts, and the impact its culture has on individuals within the organization and change. The student can use this information to build their own comprehensive answer to this assignment. This solution is 500 words.