To answer the following questions, perform an Internet search for sample proposals. For example, type project proposal example into Google or Yahoo.
1. Based on the results of your search, find a sample proposal posted on the Internet. What company developed the proposal, and what objectives were they looking to accomplish?
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of this proposal, based on information you have studied in Unit 3.
3. Focus on how the proposal defines the customer's needs and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the proposal. Share your understanding on why is it important to define the customer's need in preparing a proposal
The sample proposal example taken is from : http://www.writinghelptools.com/proposal-sample.html
The proposal has been developed by Applied Accounting Services. The objectives that Applied Accounting Services is planning to accomplish are to provide professional accounting and payroll services, provide services at a lower cost than possible if done by an in-house staff member, and guarantee on-time payroll and other accounting payments. Applied Accounting Services will provide Accounting and Payroll services to the overburdened managers of Valley Fitness.
The evaluation of the proposal is done on the basis of Goals, Technical Merit, Benefits, readiness, Experience, Monitoring, Budget/cost effectiveness. The proposal reasonably satisfies the objectives of Valley ...
This posting gives you a step-by-step explanation of proposal for professional accounting and payroll services. The response also contains the sources used.
Evaluating Vendor's Proposals for a Project
At times, a project manager must evaluate proposals from identified vendors and make decisions based on the project budget and schedule. It is essential to determine how the organization will determine the best response to the proposal's individual vendors?
IRTC has asked you to evaluate the customer service add-on the vendor offered while still in negotiations for this project. The add-on will cost $25,000 and take an additional 4 weeks to install. Your manager has asked for your opinion. The project is tracking along according to schedule and budget.
What do you need to consider before saying yes or no? Prepare a memo for your manager outlining how either decision would affect the project and factors that need to be discussed and agreed to by various parties involved in the project.
- What do you need to consider before accepting or denying the vendor proposal?
- How would your decision affect the overall project?
- Consider budget, schedule, and resources.
- What parties would need to be involved in this decision-making process?
- What important factors would need to be discussed and agreed upon by the various parties involved in the project?
You can do this by performing the following steps:
- Develop a project plan that covers all project groups and knowledge areas.
- Develop project plans that integrate project procurement and contracting activities across project groups.
- Separate tasks into sub-tasks, and a work package with stated durations and order of precedence.
Manage project scope throughout the project life cycle.