Think about what types of content and activities are best for different learners who learn differently. For example, conduct research to learn Kolb's learning style theory and align your experience to this theory. What types are best for different learners who learn differently?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 8:01 am ad1c9bdddf
According to Kolb, the following are the main characteristics of experiential learning (nwlink.com):
- It is a process and not an outcome.
- It is an ongoing engagement achievable by experience.
- It is full conflicts.
- It has a holistic approach of adapting to the world.
- It involves interaction between the person and his/her environment.
- Social knowledge interacts with personal knowledge.
Kolb's theory is based on four distinct learning styles that are founded on a four-stage learning cycle (nwlink.com).
- Concrete experience (feeling) - sensitivity to other people's feelings as this learning is based on specific situations that relate to people.
- Reflective observation (watching) - observation before judging.
- Abstract conceptualization (thinking) - intellectual understanding and analyzing logically the ideas in a situation.
- Active experimentation (doing) - involves risk-taking as this pertains to one's ability to influence people and events in order to get things done.
Kolb's learning styles (nwlink.com):
- Diverging (reflective, concrete) - more people-centered; more emphasis ...
This solution discusses the following in 606 words with five non-APA references.
- Characteristics of experiential learning
- Kolb's four-stage learning cycle
- Kolb's four distinct learning styles
- Kolb's learning styles simplified, with description and sample activities.