You are the task manager for a large customer service corporation consisting of 1,000 employees. You are responsible for 25 direct reports in your department. You have noticed that over the past year there has been a significant decline in the ability of employees to use and manage the technology of the organization. It is currently to the point where production is suffering.
Your task is to improve the Technology Management of your employees in your department. You are given 6 months to complete this, as the season nears when you are the busiest with customers. Using the APA style format, write a paper describing how you are going to turn your department around within the 6 month period. At a minimum, your paper must include:
- Identification of issues, concerns, and incidents leading to poor Technology Management
- Strategies and techniques used to improve Technology Management
- The timeframe strategy used for producing these results with a 6 month period
Cite references.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 3:28 am ad1c9bdddf
As the poor technology management has started impacting the production of XYZ Customer Service Corporation, it becomes critical to identify the causes for such situation and take appropriate measures to rectify the situation.
Identification of Issues, Concerns, and Incidents Leading to Poor Technology Management
• No importance on training: Over past one year, the organization has introduced several new initiatives by adopting new technology. However, the company made an assumption that employees would know how to use the technology or that employees would figure it out. The organization's focus on training employees on technology was missing and this led to poor performance of employees leading to low productivity
• Weak Internal Support: Over the years when technology was present at the basic level, technical support was handled by a group of 2-3 employees who performed these duties in addition to their regular job responsibilities. This led to poor performance and results in both areas. Specifically when new technology was adopted, even ...
This solution provides a paper that describes how to turn the corporation's customer service department around by improving the technology management of the employees.