1. Suggest one(1) theory, two (2) leadership styles, and two (2) leadership characteristics that define your strengths as a public leader when applied to situations that may arise within the sphere of public administration.
2. Determine the strategic manner in which you could use your Emotional IQ in order to move you from a non-management position to a professional leader.
3. Analyze the key influences that the theoretical and practical aspects of public leadership may exert upon a public leader's performance. Provide two (2) examples of these influences to support your response.
4. Predict two to three (2-3) challenges that public leaders will face regarding the future of public leadership.
5. Reflect upon your learning experiences as Chief of Staff, and examine your ability to provide exemplary public leadership.
6. Rate the three (3) most important concepts that you have learned in this course of Leadership and Conflict Solution in order of importance (one  being the most important; three , the least).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:05 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. The leadership theory that I will discuss is participative leadership. This form of leadership emphasizes cooperation and encourages input from employees within the organization. This form of leadership requires cooperation and participation from all employees, which is necessary in any public administrative position as the leadership must ensure that group members feel valued and remain organizationally committed to the policy set forth by the administration.
2. Emotional IQ entails the ability to maintain your emotions under situations of stress, pressure, or other adverse circumstances. Therefore, any leaders' emotional IQ must be calm and measured to ensure that the leader is capable of remaining measured during times of crisis'. A professional leader is ...
Different leadership styles are discussed.
Leadership and Conflict Resolution: Internal and External
Use the basic outline below as headers for your presentation. Organize your responses to each question (except Questions 1, 2, and 8) under the following slide headings:
Role of the Chief of Staff (for Question 3)
Public Leadership Theory (for Question 4)
Public Leadership Styles (for Question 5)
Public Leadership Trends (for Question 6)
Our Government Leadership (for Question 7)
Create (10-12) slide presentation!
Create a title slide and references section (as indicated in the format requirements below).
Narrate each slide, using a microphone, indicating what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience. Note: If you do not have access to a microphone, then you should provide detailed speaker notes with your presentation.
Briefly summarize your role as Chief of Staff and the task the City Manager had charged you with regarding the Public Leadership Academy.
From the specific leadership theories that you had reviewed in the previous assignments, determine one (1) theory that best fits the mission of the Public Leadership Academy. Provide a rationale to support your answer.
From the styles that you had discussed in the previous assignments, determine two (2) styles that best fit the mission of the Public Leadership Academy. Provide a rationale to support your answer.
Predict three (3) public leadership trends that you believe will be particularly significant within the next decade.
Based on your responses in Questions 4-6, prepare an argument that convinces the City Manager to adopt the leadership theory and style(s) that best fit the mission of the Public Leadership Academy. Provide support for your argument.
Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other websites ending in anything other than ".gov" do not qualify as academic resources.View Full Posting Details