Please view the below attachment for assignment specifics. Thank you.
Strategic Human Resource
After you've read the background materials and have some different data points on strategic human resource management, please write a 4-5 page paper, not including cover and reference pages, in which you address the following question:
What do HR managers need to do in order to transform HR into a strategic, value-added function in the organization?
The keys to this case study are:
? Understanding the strategic role of HR
? Explaining the importance of HR in business operations to be successful
? Discussing human capital planning / talent management and how it relates to a business
? Discussing how HR and OD can partner to help an organization
? Explaining how to justify (quantify) HR
The response address the queries posted in 1714 words with references.
//The given discussion paper is based on the topic of strategic human resource management. In this series, in the first section of the discussion paper, the introduction of the Human Resource Management.//
Strategic Human Resource Management
Human Resource is one of the most valuable and precious assets of an organization. The concept of 'Human Resource Management' deals with the various dimensions of people. Every organization is composed of people and utilizes their services, developing their skills, motivating them to enhance their levels of performance and ensuring that they remain committed to the organizations are essential for the accomplishment of organizational objectives. Management of human resource in an effective manner is a very delicate issue for the organization. The human resource manager has an important place in the management of HR and its functions. In order to understand the complex nature of people and utilize their skills to achieve the goals of the organization, there is a need to include value added features and transform the HR into strategic functions (Worland & Manning, 2005, pg. 6).
According to the research accomplished by David Worland and Karen Manning in June 2005, unless the HR manager has the active support of the top management, he will be like a vessel without a controller. On the other hand, if the HR manager does not win the confidence of the employees and their union, he will not be respected by the management (Worland & Manning, 2005, pg. 5). This paper will helpful to analyze the role of HR to accomplish the business operations in a successful manner and development of organization.
//After having a good understanding of the process of strategic human resource management, in the next section of the discussion paper, the role of the Human Resource Experts in the field of strategic management is explained in detail.//
Strategic Role of HR
In the present era, the modern study of strategic HR is totally different from the traditional approach of strategic HR management. Brian E. Becker and Mark A. Huselid described in his research ,which was accomplished in 2006 that strategic human resource management mainly concentrates on two approaches; the overall performance of the organization and the role of HR management system to resolve the business problems effectively (Becker & Huselid, 2006, pg. 898). It does not focus on the performance of an individual employee or role of an individual. HR practices in seclusion. In this dynamic and fiercely competitive environment, strategic human resource is the management of available resources to achieve the long-term and short-term goals of an organization.
According to Arthur A. Thompson and Alonzo J. Strickland, business strategy can be defined as the game plan of the management. Without having a business strategy, the management cannot develop an action plan to utilize the resources in an optimum manner (Thompson & Strickland, 2003). Strategic human resource management is the optimum utilization of human resources to achieve the set of goals and objectives in the business environment. This has to be in alignment with the organizational strategy in a tandem with the strategies of other functional areas ...
The Response Addresses the Queries Posted in 1896 Words, APA References
Questions on the nature of human resource management regarding layoffs, productivity, motivation, social media, recruiting, and diversity. APA formatted references are included. Examples are cited.
1. What are your thoughts on how organizations, and your organization in particular, can use the information in the article on diversity (Attached) to better understand, manage, and leverage diversity to achieve strategic human resource goals.
2. Some believe the HR department exists to further the interests of the employees to management, while others feel it exists primarily to further the interests of the company by giving professional counsel to management. Which position is correct? Why?
3. Most organizations find themselves in a flurry of recruiting activity after determining a need or having a job opening. Others often find that their recruiting efforts are not really recruiting at all but rather sorting resumes. Organizations that recognize the need for change, plan on growth and development, and prepare a strategic recruiting plan seem to be those that are most ready to thrive during times of economic uncertainty. Read the study on strategic recruiting in Ireland (Attached) and provide a critical analysis of the article to include:
a. How does this article compare with your own organizations current strategic recruiting practices
b. Discuss how you might implement the findings of this study into your organizations strategic plan for recruiting individuals.
c. Does the articles conclusions seem sound based on your own experience?
4. If a company needs to layoff because of declining sales, should it layoff personnel based on merited performance or based on seniority? Why? How?
5. Motivation and productivity seem to have a pretty strong relationship. The arguments can go back and forth and whether productivity contributes to motivation or does motivation contribute to productivity? Read the attached article on job satisfaction. What strategic initiatives can your current organization take to improve employee involvement? How would you measure success of such an initiative?
6. Which HR values should be a primary focus in a management training course for supervisors?
7. Research the controversial HR practice of checking a job candidate's social media sites as part of the selection process. Using at least one article, provide a summary.
8. What should be an HR strategy to best motivate employees to performance excellence? Should HR's strategy be the same in a for-profit company as it would be in a not-for-profit organization?
9. Read the article on innovation and strategy (Attached). It discusses several methods and indicators of quality and strategy when linked to strategic human resource management. Answer the following questions:
a. Considering all of your course work, which of the 5 pillars of HR (selection, compensation, training, safety, and EEO) do you think might be most impacted by a quality methodology?
b. What key aspects of this article do you think you can apply most to your current organization?
c. What has changed in our economy that might make this article of limited use?
All of the required articles are attached.View Full Posting Details