Human Resources Strategic Positioning Plan - Part 2
Prepare a 3,000-3,500-word paper integrating theories and concepts from your text and other sources as you review the Riordan Manufacturing virtual organization on your rEsource page. Based on your researched information, create a Human Resource Strategic Positioning Plan for your client. Include a summary of Part 1 in addition to the following elements in order to support your recommendations.
a. One-page executive summary
b. Recruiting and Retention
1) Analyze methods for recognizing and retaining key employees and workers
2) Identify a process to replace key executive talent
3) Develop a process to identify high-potential employees; develop a process to "fast track" these employees
c. Legal Ramifications
Legal implications of issues covered in this assignment (e.g., as you consider your proposal, have you thoroughly researched any legal implications)?
d. Training and Development Program
Identify elements of an effective training and development program.
e. Technical infrastructure
·Apply the elements of an effective technical infrastructure. Include application of information (such as requirements and considerations) provided by an HRIS.
·How is your strategy affected by the company's decision to "go global" with its plant in China? What are the HR-related implications? Assess the challenges and opportunities of multinational cultural diversity and international talent management.
Make final recommendations to the client.
The response addresses the queries posted in 3945 words with references.
//As per the directions, we will write about the major reflections of the part 1 of the human resource strategic positioning plan. Then we will write about the major reflections to be included in the paper for assessing the human resource management strategy utilized by the Riordan Manufacturing Company.//
Riordan Manufacturing Company is successfully operating in the plastics manufacturing sector of market. For successful management of its internal, as well as external stakeholders, the company requires implementing human resource strategic positioning plan. In part 1, we discussed about the company and the overview of its workforce and also identified the goals and needs of the company. The company's business needs for human capital and the role of organizational culture in managing the human resource were discussed. The issues that arise due to the diversified workforce were also discussed. Then, we gained knowledge about the continuity plan for the assessment of the workforce of the organization.
In the paper, we will discuss about the recruitment and retention strategy for the Riordan Manufacturing Company, so as to attain the human capital in a most beneficial manner. The company's strategy for sustaining the human capital assists it in attaining competitive advantage from the market. The discussion will include the processes for the identification of the high potential employees within the organization, legal ramifications in the HR practices for managing the diversified workforce, training and development program, technical infrastructure according to the guidelines of Human Resource Information System (HRIS), globalization of company's business, potential HR related implications, challenges and opportunities of multinational cultural diversity and international talent management.
In order to attain the long term goals and objective of business, Riordan Manufacturing Company needs to implement effectively, the human resource strategic plan, so that the workforce can be retained and satisfied with the HR practices. It will assist it to flourish regarding the management of its global business operations in an valuable and efficient manner.
//Before writing about the recruitment and retention strategy for Riordan Manufacturing Company, we will write about the importance of human resource strategic positioning plan. It will assist in understanding the management of 'HR Practices in the Global Business Environment.'//
Human Resource Strategic Positioning Plan
Human Resource is an important element for all kinds of business organizations. For attaining the long term objectives and being successful in the competitive business environment, Riordan Manufacturing requires focusing on the management of the employees effectively. The company needs to implement strategies for retaining and attracting the employees having technical knowledge. It will assist the firm in attaining competitive advantage from the market and gaining skilled employees. The strategic positioning plan will be helpful for the organization in managing its human resource strategically (Schuler & Jackson, 2007).
The company has to manage its recruitment and retention strategy, as per the requirements of the global business operations. It is also essential for the firm to focus on the globalization of its business in China, as well as, its HR implications and legal ramifications. The corporation also requires establishing effective training and development program for grooming the employees in an optimum manner. The development of technical infrastructure will also assist Riordan Manufacturing Company in securing and protecting the data and records of the employees and the customers (Vance & Paik, 2006). The different strategies for the company are discussed below.
//After discussing about the importance of human resource strategic positioning plan, we will write about the recruitment and retention methods for the implementation in the Organization. It will assist in understanding the recruitment and retention strategy of the Company.//
Recruiting and Retention
Recruitment and retention of employees is an essential process to be managed by the business organizations. Recruitment and retention are not considered by the organizations as their 'HR matters', but are included in the business strategy. The process involves the allocation of right people at the right place. Riordan Manufacturing Company also requires implementing effective recruitment procedure within the organization. Along with this, for retaining the employees, it is essential for the company to provide effective support to the existing employees and focus on internal talent development (Recruitment and retention: the quest for the right talent, 2008).
Riordan Manufacturing can effectively recruit the skilled employees by applying different methods of recruitment, which are internal recruitment, advertising, job fairs, employment agencies, employee referrals, educational institutions, etc. For fulfilling the higher positions and technical positions within the organization, the implementation of these methods will prove to be beneficial. Internal recruitment and employment agencies will assist Riordan Manufacturing in occupying the higher positions in an effectual and competent manner. It is due to the reason that firstly, the talent within the business organization will get promoted to higher positions (Schuler & Jackson, 2007).
Advertising and Educational Institutions will assist Riordan Manufacturing in effectively filling the lower and the middle level positions. The organization will turn out to be capable in attaining regular workforce, but it also requires employees on contract basis. Therefore, Riordan Manufacturing Company can hire contractors and provide them with specified task, which will further assist it in fulfilling its short term requirements. As per the requirements of the organization, employment agencies will be helpful in providing contractor agents to the management for performing a particular project. It will also prove helpful in saving the recruitment time of the organization. Along with this, Riordan will also be able in selecting the best employees out of the contingent employees and can make them permanent (Recruitment and retention: the quest for the right talent, 2008).
Apart from this, for retaining the employees, Riordan Manufacturing Company should develop, train and provide effective rewards to the employees for gaining collaboration and commitment. The company can implement the employee retention strategies for reducing the attrition rate. Therefore, the Management of the company can establish 'Orientation Programs' for the employees so that they can acquire knowledge about the various facets of work and communicate accordingly to the Managers. The organization needs to manage changes in the workforce demographics for retaining the employees (Reschke, 1999).
The corporation can also ...
The response addresses the queries posted in 3945 words with references.
Apple, Inc. Strategic Workforce Improvement Plan
Apple, Inc. Strategic Workforce Improvement Plan
External Market Analysis
• Analyze HRM data trends and issues to identify appropriate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of Apple, Inc. from a global perspective.
• Summarize relevant data trends and issues, using research findings among different cultural and organizational perspectives, for both global and domestic applications for Apple, Inc.
Competitive Advantage through Human Capital
• Identify best practices for human capital acquisition, development, and retention.
• Analyze best practices that will enable human capital acquisition, development, and retention for Apple, Inc.
• Analyze current organization practices and their alignment with identified best practices.
• Integrate the HRM and business best practices to propose how you will create or maintain a competitive advantage to meet the challenges of the future global environment of Apple, Inc. industry.
• Analyze the role of the HRM professional in integrating and implementing human capital acquisition, development, and retention best practices in Apple, Inc.
• Provide a rationale for how your best practices and HRM professional's role enable human capital acquisition, development, and retention.
Human Resource Management Legal Issues
• Examine the legal environment of Apple, Inc and industry and the business and legal practices that ensure compliance, innovation, growth, and sustainability in Apple, Inc.
• Analyze current organization policies and practices and the degree of alignment with legal compliance standards.
• Identify potential problems that may affect successful organizational compliance with legal standards.
• Research and identify prevention strategies that support organizational compliance, growth, and sustainability.
• Provide a rationale for how your prevention strategies support or will support organizational compliance, growth, and sustainability.
Human Resource Role in Organizational Design, Culture, and Change
• Identify HRM best practices that promote business-centric organizational design, culture, and change.
• Analyze the current culture and business practices of your organization and their alignment with identified best practices.
• Identify potential organizational design, culture, and change-management problems that may affect organizational success.
• Evaluate the role of HRM as a change agent.
• Examine the role of HRM as a business partner.
• Integrate best practices that promote business-centric organizational design, culture, and change to construct an effective model for the HRM professional as a change agent in Apple, Inc.
• Provide a rationale for how your model promotes or will promote business-centric organizational design, culture, and change.
Human Resource Information Systems
• Identify HRM and business technologies that maximize organizational effectiveness, workforce productivity, and systems integration.
• Analyze best practices of talent management using HRIS, ERP, and/or CRM.
• Analyze current technologies and their current application in Apple, Inc.
• Analyze the use of these technologies to maximize organizational effectiveness, workforce productivity, and systems integration within Apple, Inc.
• Analyze the appropriateness of HRM technologies and best practices to recommend applications and strategies for Apple, Inc., in order to improve organizational effectiveness, workforce productivity, and systems integration.
Oral PowerPoint Presentation
• Present the HRM data trends and issues from a global perspective that is appropriate to Apple, Inc.
• Discuss the integration of HRM and business best practices to enable human capital acquisition, development, and retention.
• Discuss HRM business and legal practices that ensure organizational compliance, growth, and sustainability.
• Apply HRM practices to promote business-centric organizational design, culture, and change.
• Present how HRM and business technologies maximize organizational effectiveness, workforce productivity, and systems integration for the organization.
• Use the notes section of your PowerPoint to outline the oral component of your presentation.
Strategic Workforce Improvement Plan
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
• Analyze HRM data trends and issues to identify appropriate strengths of an organization from a global perspective.
• Integrate the HRM and business best practices to propose how to create or maintain a competitive advantage in the global environment.
• Use HRM business and legal practices to ensure organizational compliance, growth, and sustainability.
• Use HRM practices to promote business-centric organizational design, culture, and change.
• Synthesize HRM and business technologies to maximize organizational effectiveness, workforce productivity, and systems integration.