A. Effective writing - Hints for effective writing, grammar and usage: http://www.business.umt.edu/Faculty/herron/writing_hints.htm
B. Outlining - Los Angeles Valley College: How to write an outline. http://www.lavc.edu/library/outline.htm
* Bennie, M. (2009). Guide to good business communications: How to write and speak English well in every business situation (5th ed.). Oxford, UK: How To Books, Ltd. Retrieved from Netlibrary database.
* Forsyth, P. (2006). How to write reports & proposals (2nd ed.). Philadelphia.: Kogan Page. Retrieved from Netlibrary database.
Deliverable Length: 500-750 words
After the former U.S. Vice President Al Gore received the Nobel Prize for his work and efforts to raise awareness about global warming, he was asked to prepare a white paper on the subject. To enhance his credibility, he plans to present points and counterpoints to the subject.
For the subject of Global Warming: Fact or Fiction listed below, do the following:
Create an outline that has at least 3 levels to it.
For example, this is part of an outline for a paper whose subject is "Is the Economic Stimulus passed in January 2009, working?"
1. Background of the economic stimulus
1. Impetus for the bill
1. Arguments for the bill
2. Argument against the bill
Write a 750 - 1000-word paper that must follow and only follow the outline created in step I.
* The topic for this outline and paper is Global Warming: Fact or Fiction.
* The audience or readership of this paper is members of the U.S. Congress. 98% of the 535 representatives and senators are degreed lawyers.
* The purpose of the report is to convince members of Congress that there are 2 opposing viewpoints about the impacts of global warming and to explain these viewpoints.
* Note: citations and a reference list are required for this paper in APA style.
Attached is a solution on the topic of "GLOBAL WARMING: Fact or Fiction." See my notes within ...
After the former U.S. Vice President Al Gore received the Nobel Prize for his work and efforts to raise awareness about global warming, he was asked to prepare a white paper on the subject. To enhance his credibility, he plans to present points and counterpoints to the subject. This is a solution based on fact or fiction, answering questions in direct relation to the subject matter.