1. What are the functions of human resource management (HRM)? What is the most important function of human resource management? Explain your answer and provide a workplace example to support your response.
2. The business world has experienced numerous changes as a result of technology and globalization. It is important for the field of HRM to be prepared for these changes. In what way have technology and globalization changed the work environment? Provide real-life examples to support your answer. What are the effects of these changes to HRM?
3. Why is diversity important in the work environment? What can organizations do to encourage diversity? How is HRM involved in the area of diversity?
4. What is business ethics? What are some examples of unethical behavior within an organization? How is HRM involved in business ethics?
5. How can HRM influence the overall success of an organization? Is HRM essential to an organization? Why or why not?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 10:48 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. The Human Resource Management has several functions within an organization. Some of its roles are in:
Organizational Management: making sure that organization's manpower practices are aligned with appropriate rules and regulations
Personnel Administration: Identifying personnel requirements, training needs, performance measures, etc.
Manpower Management: Managing employees and contractors
Industrial Management: Abiding with industry's best practices
The key role of HRM is deciding what staffing needs are, whether employees are required to be hired or contractors can be engaged, what trainings should the organization provide to the staff, dealing with their performance issues, and ensuring that personnel management practices conform to regulations.
The Human Resource Management at Coca Cola has onus of responsibilities. It is faced with both advantages and disadvantages. Coca Cola is a global company; hence it is difficult for HRM to formulate common policies which could be applicable to all divisions. It is necessary to incorporate cultural and political differences into account. On the other hand, HRM has advantage of being globally recognized and dealing with international resources. Its HR practices are world recognized and hence the company enjoys the status of being a renowned company.
2. The impact of globalization on Human Resource Management is manifold. As opposed to earlier situation of handling local employees, the HRM is now faced with handling international employees. HRM has to make sure that ...
The response gives 907 words on HR functions, changes and influence as well as their involvement in business ethics and diversity.