The executive summary should be a short (100-150 word) description of your project.
The job analysis portion may be done in powerpoint only or a combination of ppt and narrative (APA style). Consider using the notes portion of ppt to describe your job analysis.
The selection process, orientation for new employees and training proposal should be a narrative (APA style). The job map may be in ppt or in Word.
- Develop documentation for human resources professionals to manage a specific employment position. The materials you create would assist human resources professionals to choose, train, and develop successful employees toward helping the company meet its goals.
- Reference at least one human resources journal and at least one reputable Web site for human resources professionals, in addition to the text. Format references according to APA guidelines.
Develop documentation for human resources professionals to manage a Media specialist employment position. The materials you create would assist HR professionals in the four functions of job analysis, selection, orientation, and training, all towards helping the company meet its goals.
You should have references from at least one human resources journal and at least one reputable Web site for human resources professionals. Format references according to APA guidelines.
The five project deliverables will all focus on Media Specialist employment position. The deliverables are as follows:
1. Executive summary
- Presentation on job analysis
Create a presentation of 3-5 slides covering the process of identifying of job expectations, gathering data to describe job functions, creating a job description, and determining the suitability of teamwork for this position. Discussion Question 1 of Week Two may be used as a resource for this section.
a. Tips for the selection process Include recommendations on one internal and one external recruiting method.
o Script for orienting new employees You may use the following opening sentence to start your script: "We, in HR, feel that it is important to address some sensitive issues during your early employment with our company."
o Create a script that can be used to open up an orientation workshop/class. Be sure to address the issues listed below and clearly state why such discussion is the responsibility of the HR department. Within the script, include the benefits of addressing these issues during the orientation period and the potential pitfalls and challenges that could occur if this step of the orientation was skipped.
o Identify one more sensitive legal issue that should be addressed by the HR department during employee orientation:
- Sexual Harassment
- Training proposal
a. Include a map outlining the ongoing employee development process and opportunities for advancement.
b. Provide training narratives.
1. A narrative describing the training the employee should have one month after entering the position
2. A narrative describing the training the employee should have one year after entering the position
3. A narrative describing the training the employee should have to advance to the next position according to the development map
c. Identify the best method to conduct each of the three training stages above. Is a certification exam required? Will the training be instructor-led, self-paced, or a combination? Explain your answer.
Use 500 words per section as a guidelines for word count.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 3:27 pm ad1c9bdddf
o Introduce the human resources management materials being presented.
The document provides an extensive description about the media specialist positions. The main purpose of this exercise is to enable the HR team to chose the right candidate for this postion as well as develop appropriate training and career development program for the individual chosen for this position. The document is intended to aid the organizational management in developing a human resource base that comprises of strong base of qualified and loyal employee base.
These steps are directly related to the organization's overall strategic plan as human resource is the most important asset for any organization and thus, each position or job in the organization should be critically studied and analyzed, so that the best possible individual possessing the right set of qualifications and experience can be hired for the position and correct set of training and development program can be developed for the particular position. Such extensive analysis results in higher productivity for the individual as well as develops healthy and satisfied workforce.
2. Presentation on job analysis
o Create a presentation of 3-5 slides covering the process of identifying of job expectations, gathering data to describe job functions, creating a job description, and determining the suitability of teamwork for this position. Discussion Question 1 of Week Two may be used as a resource for this section.
Slide 1: Job Expectations / Job Functions of Media Specialist positions:
Public relations specialists or media specialists serve as advocates for businesses, nonprofit associations, universities, hospitals, and other organizations, and build and maintain positive relationships with the public. As managers recognize the importance of good public relations to the success of their organizations, they increasingly rely on public relations specialists for advice on the strategy and policy of such programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Public relations specialists handle organizational functions such as media, community, consumer, industry, and governmental relations; political campaigns; interest-group representation; conflict mediation; and employee and investor relations.
2) Public relations specialists draft press releases and contact people in the media who might print or broadcast their material.
3) Public relations specialists also arrange and conduct programs to keep up contact between organization representatives and the public. For example, they set up speaking engagements and often prepare speeches for company officials.
4) They also may handle advertising or ...
Develop documentation for human resources professionals to manage a specific employment position. The materials you create would assist human resources professionals to choose, train, and develop successful employees toward helping the company meet its goals.