Assistance with the attached questions
Week Three CheckPoint
Scenario: Congratulations! You recently signed on as the Vice President of Human Resources at Auction-Off.com, a start-up company that provides appraisals and auctions of antiques and other items, all entirely online.
The company has hired 75 employees, including appraisers, Web developers, network engineers, accounting staff, and also sales, marketing, human resources, client services, and technical support teams. Auction-Off.com selected employees who are action-oriented, innovative, adaptive, extroverted, and demonstrate occupational expertise.
The Auction-Off.com mission and goals are:
Our mission is to use the Internet to provide accurate appraisals and competitive auctions to a global market and consistently deliver quick, customer-centered results.
- Implement a Web-based appraisal and auction site that our customers will want to use.
- Maintain responsive and friendly customer service options that will encourage repeat business.
- Promote Auction-Off.com within existing auction and antique markets in a way that compliments traditional auction businesses.
- Create a management structure that supports profitable achievement of the mission and employee success.
The company has a small budget for employee programs, and operates in a very informal and fast-paced fashion. Auction-Off.com has asked you to design their employee involvement and recognition programs.
Employee Involvement Program
Formulate an employee involvement program that will engage and inspire Auction-Off.com employees. You may choose among four types of programs: participative management, representative participation, quality circles, or employee stock ownership plans. Explain why you selected the program you did, and how you think it will benefit Auction-Off.com and its employees.
<Type your program description here in 150 words or fewer>
Employee Recognition Program
Formulate an employee recognition program that will reward high-performing Auction-Off.com employees. Suggest individual, team, and company-based recognition methods. Explain why you created the program you did, and how you think it will benefit Auction-Off.com and its employees.
<Type your program description here in 150 words or fewer>
Job Redesign and Scheduling Task
Despite your efforts implementing employee involvement and recognition programs, the Web developers began quitting with little notice, and were leaving Auction-Off.com completely disgruntled. You learned that a common complaint among Web developers is that there is too much rigidity in developer work schedules: they work 8-5, and those that quit felt they were more creative during off hours. Developers were given Web site design requirements that left no room for creativity. Suggest one job redesign and one scheduling solution that will better accommodate Auction-Off.com Web developers. Explain why you selected the programs you did, and how you think they will benefit Auction-Off.com and its employees.
<Type your solutions description here in 150 words or fewer>
Variable-Pay and Skill-Based Pay Programs
Auction-Off.com marketing and sales employees hold key roles at the company because they target customers and plan ways to engage them. Yet marketing and sales-related expenses have gone over budget in the last month. Suggest either a variable-pay program or a skill-based pay program that could serve to reward these employees, and will reduce costs. Explain why you selected the program you did, and how you think it will benefit Auction-Off.com and its employees.
Pay Program(s) Description:
<Type your solution description here in 150 words or fewer>
Post the completed Appendix G as an attachment to the Individual forum.
Read the scenario, and use the discussion questions from the syllabus to complete Week Three Discussion Question 1.
Scenario: Yolanda is a clerk at an electronics retailer, Electrico. The company uses a standardized performance evaluation, and Yolanda's manager, Carrie, is preparing for Yolanda's review. Carrie feels Yolanda has been underperforming in three areas:
1. When Yolanda orders stock from the warehouse's online system, the order often comes back as incorrect due to her administrative errors. Carrie suspects that Yolanda may need some extra training on the warehouse system to improve her ordering skills.
2. Yolanda hasn't been getting along with her coworker, Carlos, who Yolanda thinks 'kisses up' to Carrie.
3. Yolanda's attitude about Electrico, as evidenced by her frequent, biting comments, has lately become more and more negative. Carrie thinks this may be because Yolanda had to give away her hard-earned employee recognition award-an all-expenses-paid trip to Las Vegas-because she couldn't find someone to stay home with her preschool-aged daughter. To make matters worse, Electrico was unable to give an alternate reward to Yolanda.
Read the scenario in Appendix E, and then answer the following:
1. Based on the scenario, which motivation theory seems to describe Yolanda and Carrie's situation?
2. Identify the origins and principles of this theory, and then suggest some specific changes Carrie could make that could improve Yolanda's motivation.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:55 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution discusses various questions regarding human resource management.
HRM Strategic Management Questions
1. What s strategic human resource management?
2. What are the key objectives of Human Resource Planning?
3. Describe the two major models of strategy for strategic management discussed in the text. Compare and contrast the models
4. Describe how human resource planning (HRP) is integrated with strategic planning.
5. How does strategic HR differ from traditional HR?
6. What implications do the anticipated changes in age of the workforce have for the management of human resources?
7. What are the barriers to strategic HRM?
8. What is the Balanced Scorecard?View Full Posting Details