I need assistance with the following project:
Many companies do post-mortem analyses of strategic initiatives. If the initiatives succeed, they try to account for their success. If the initiatives do not succeed, they try to learn from their mistakes. Of course, it is easy to have twenty-twenty hindsight. But there are important lessons to be learned from looking at strategies that failed to work as well as hoped for.
I am required to use these articles as the basis for writing a 3 to 5 page essay on the relationship between business strategy and IT strategy. Were there problems with strategy formulation? Were there problems with strategy implementation? Were there problems with the strategic process?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 18, 2018, 4:39 pm ad1c9bdddf
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BUSINESS STRATEGY AND IT STRATEGY.
1. If the business strategy is to reduce costs and become more competitive the business adopts an IT strategy that helps reduce costs and collaborate closely with suppliers.
2. If the business strategy is to differentiate its service by providing excellent customer service and response and IT strategy of linking ERP and customer service provides competitive advantage to the business.
3. If the business strategy is to differentiate by producing a better product, the IT policy of linking ERP, product data management and other systems helps improve the product.
4. A company can gain competitive advantage by collaborating in a meaningful manner with the customers and supplier in a supply chain. Only a well devised IT strategy can help achieve this objective.
5. One way to reduce costs and gain competitive advantage is to reduce inventory costs as well as avoid stock out situation. An IT strategy that allows a supplier to examine the business's inventory and order processing system is an efficient way of achieving this goal.
PROBLEMS WITH STRATEGY FORMULATION ?
1. The company or its partners believe that ...
This solution analyzes the IT Systems Case. It also explores how these Systems do post-mortem analysis of strategic initiatives.