Please assist me with the following project information:
You are the CIO of a major company. The CEO has recognized the importance of IT to the future of the company and is committed to developing an in-house IS development staff. To this end, he asks you to prepare an overview report for him and the rest of the top management team that discusses the systems development process and the different methodologies and techniques involved. He has heard about topics like the systems development lifecycle, object-oriented programming, the unified modeling language (UML), structured systems analysis and design, participatory design, computer-assisted software engineering and related topics. He wants you to be sure to include a discussion of potential problems as well. He wants you to summarize this material in a clear and concise manner.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 5, 2022, 1:36 am ad1c9bdddf
Systems development lifecycle:
1. This is the policies, measures, procedures and guidance for developing systems through their lifecycle.
2. The development lifecycle has steps like requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, operations and maintenance.
3. Every step is given special attention. For instance during the project planning and feasibility stage there is a high level view of the project that is being planned;
4. These steps are very comprehensive and can help the CEO take detailed look at the project. For instance during the systems design stage desired features and operations are shown in detail.
5. Most important during the maintenance stage the corrections and additions are also planned. This ensures the smooth working of the problem for life.
6. The drawbacks are that the planning does not adequately take into account the changes in technology that affect the system.
Object oriented programming;
1. This is a programming paradigm that uses objects to design software.
2. This uses several techniques like encapsulation, polymorphism, modularity and inheritance.
3. This is a collection of cooperating object as opposed to the conventional view in which a program is a list of commands.
4. As the software modules are objectified, there is greater elasticity and maintainability. This is widely used in software engineering.
5. It allows for more direct analysis, coding, and comprehension of difficult procedures.
6. There is no conclusive proof that OOP is better than other types of programming.
This material is taken from the website: http://www.webopedia.com: "A type of programming in which programmers define not only the data type of a data structure, but also the types of operations (functions) that can be applied to the data structure. In this way, the data structure becomes an object that includes both data and functions. In addition, programmers can create relationships between one object and another. For example, objects can inherit characteristics from other objects.
One of the principal advantages of object-oriented programming techniques over procedural programming techniques is that they enable programmers to create modules that do not need to be changed when a new type of object is added. A programmer can simply create a new object that inherits many of its features from existing objects. This ...
This solution gives you a detailed discussion on Systems development