Describe the five major challenges to systems development.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 15, 2018, 8:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
Pearson Education (2012) identifies these five major challenges to systems development and specified issues (albeit in question format) that must be confronted:
1.) The difficulty of determining requirements.
- What specifically is system to do?
- How does wedding planner use new system to reserve a room or building?
- What does data entry screen look like?
- How does planner add/reduce facilities once wedding scheduled?
- What should system do when a wedding is cancelled?
- Facility schedule system interface with accounting systems? How?
- Does system need to reserve floor or refrigerator space in restaurant kitchen?
2.) Change in requirements
Systems development, as a dynamic task, has major challenges and issues. This discussion identifies each one of them.