Define e-Commerce and m-commerce, give examples to their effectiveness, and, reflect on future trends/development in this area.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:14 am ad1c9bdddf
E-commerce stands for electronic commerce and refers to buying, selling, marketing, distributing and servicing different products and services over the Internet. This might be through websites, email or via social media. M-commerce refers to mobile commerce, in which commercial transactions are conducted over cellular and mobile devices. In the '90's this mobile commerce took place through 900 numbers. Now, however, m-commerce refers primarily to transactions that take place on phones.
In terms of effectiveness, both e-commerce and m-commerce are highly effective. Both systems allow consumers to visit sites, shop, and pay for product from the comfort of their own home any time of day. In addition, both allow consumers a much broader variety than traditional stores, the ability to price shop, and often include customer feedback or reviews to help guide consumers in their decision ...
This provides a solution of e-commere and m-commerce, with examples of their effectiveness. It also reflects on trends and developments in this area. Includes APA references.
eCommerce, mCommerce, cCommerce, and More
75 words each and references for each question
1. Define C2C e-commerce and provide at least two examples.
2. Define collaborative commerce and the elements of collaborative commerce. What are the drawbacks to collaborative commerce?
3. Define knowledge management and the six tasks achieved by having a knowledge management system.
4. Describe some of the internal initiatives used by the government for improving effectiveness and efficiency.
5. Discuss three e-commerce applications. Give one merit and one drawback for each.
6. What are some of the advantages and challenges of attending a virtual university? Do you believe that virtual universities will replace brick and mortar universities? Why, or why not?
7. Why would companies want to offer e-training, and what would be the benefits of offering online training to employees?
8. List and define the major categories of e-government.
9. Why might an individual want to use a site such as Craig's List (classified ad) to sell a product, and what are some advantages and disadvantages?
10. Define e-learning, then give 4 benefits of e-learning and discuss how it has affected your learning experience.
Please try to keep these 2 questions at 200 works if possible...
1. Define a social network and give at least three examples of how social networking can drive new business.
2. Discuss at least three drivers of m-commerce and an example for each of how you believe this driver will improve user experience? Name three mobile devices and give some benefits for each.View Full Posting Details