What is diversity? Explain how diversity is important to an organization. Give an example.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:41 am ad1c9bdddf
Diversity can be defined as giving equal respect, opportunity and recognition and embracing people from different ethnic background, culture, country, language, religion and social beliefs, etc.
It is extremely important for an organization to foster and promote diversity in today's workplace because it is not only illegal to deny a qualified or capable worker ...
Paper on Diversity in Organizations
Imagine, if you will, that you are the CEO for a U.S. technology company that has agreed to enter a joint venture with a successful technology company in India. The venture will involve creation of cross-cultural, cross-functional teams comprised of American and Indian workers in order to generate innovative IT solutions that could serve both the U.S. and India markets.
Please provide assistance in:
Designing a Diversity Management Plan for the American CEO and her Company in 4-6 pages (cover is not necessary but appreciated) with the following:
1. Introductory Analysis in which you succinctly address (2-3 pp.):
• Keys to successful diversity management, and
• Diversity challenges and opportunities related to entering the India market and to developing the U.S.-India teams (please also consider the first note below regarding the many ways to view diversity).
2. Basic elements of your plan, rationale for each element, and how each element addresses the diversity challenges that you have identified (2-3 pp.). Elements of your plan should address vital HR needs including:
• Recruiting, selection, and orientation
• Training and development
• Any other human resource management topics that are crucial to the success of the U.S. company entering into this joint venture with the India technology company.
• Remember that most of the diversity issues that you read about discuss racial/ethnic/gender components. Of course, there are many ways to view diversity, including the diversity of ideas or perspectives in a more general way. For example, there may be individuals working in a group who, regardless of their demographic differences, have religious, political, philosophical, and/or socio-economic differences regarding how they make decisions, how they organize their work or how they communicate with and relate to others.
• Draw upon other sources in the background materials to guide your work, and reference any sources that you use in your work (at least FIVE in this case, please).
• Use headings and subheadings to clearly show the structure of your analysis.