Please answer the following essay questions (see the attachment). Each response should be reflective of the course content information that can be found in the weekly course readings, include reference information, supporting examples, and other relevant information.
Each question should be complete, clear, concise and comprehensive. Document should include appropriate In-Text Citations and Reference Page listing using APA formatting guidelines.
1. What are the six competitive challenges facing human resources management departments? Explain each of your responses.
2. What implications do the anticipated changes in age of the workforce have for the management of human resources?
3. Diversity in the workplace will continue. Please identify and explain two diversity related issues that and organization should be prepared to handle. What types of needs and issues will HRM efforts be required to accommodate for the workers?
4. What are some of the key competencies needed by Human Resource Managers to become full business partners? Why are the competencies important?
5. Explain how Strategic Planning and Human Resource Planning result in Strategic Human Resource Management. Give an example to support your response.
Six Competitive Challenges Facing Human Resources Management Departments
The six competitive challenges facing human resources management departments are as follows:
1) Going Global
There are many things to consider when going global. There are many language barriers and legal issues before going global. There are many cultural issues and policies would need to be changed. Promotions get handled much differently than in the USA. Some need it published in papers. These all vary country to country and need to be investigated (Lewczak, 2007).
2) Embracing New Technology
Human resources has to adapt to new technology and not only does it affect HR but the company in its entirety. Changing from timecards to automated door swipes it a major issue (Brooks, 2011). HR needs to be trained and be able to support any questions, issues, or problems. They also have to train the employees of the company especially security, in order to make sure everything is legal. Employees need to understand, policy books need to be updated, and reports need to be printed for compliance.
3) Managing Change
Change in any department is change for the entire organization. How it is managed is how people will handle it too. Most people fear change (Reh, 2011). "Nothing is as upsetting to your people as change. Nothing has greater potential to cause failures, loss of production, or falling quality. Yet nothing is as important to the survival of your organization as change (Reh, 2011)."
4) Managing Talent/Human Capital
"Human capital" is one of the key components in the strategic planning. Without the employees, a company will have nothing. The employee must be reliable, educated, developed, and be resourceful. The employer has to respect the employee and treat him or her with loyalty and support. Employees are generally encouraged to better themselves, and it is in the company's best interests to accommodate the training.
5) Responding to the Market
Human resources must stay skilled at responding to the impact of the market crisis. Economy is bad and there is a need for human resources to be ...
The solution discusses questions regarding human resources including competitive challenges, age in workforce, diversity, and competencies.