Assess the advantages and disadvantages of using a Web-based compensation tool versus a client-server based or stand-alone PC-based system and then give your opinion on which system would provide the most value to an organization's stakeholders. Include three (3) facts to support your opinion.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 4:33 am ad1c9bdddf
Using a Web-based compensation tool
- Transparency, can be access anywhere
- Employees can receive their salaries by transacting online
- Employees who are on travel need not go back to their offices to get their salaries
- Fast transaction
- Information is shared to all within and outside the organization
- Needs internet connectivity, no internet no transaction
- Users need to be trained first before using the system
- Competing companies can spy on the company's compensation scheme
- Subject to copying by competing companies
- Online security concerns
Using a client-server based or stand-alone PC-based system
- Company data is secure since it resides on the ...
This is a comparison of of a Web-based compensation tool versus a client-server based or stand-alone PC-based system. It also mentioned the best tool for any company.