I need help framing where to go with this assignment.
What are some definitions of change management and discuss how they can be applied in solving opportunities during change.
What do you feel is most important aspects for a CEO to consider in developing and implementing change with an organization? Why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:27 pm ad1c9bdddf
You have asked for definitions of change management, and their applications along with important aspects a CEO must consider while attempting to implement change.
1. Change Management Defined
Three Basic Definitions
In thinking about what is meant by "change management," at least three basic definitions come to mind:
I. The task of managing change.
II. An area of professional practice.
III. A body of knowledge.
I. The Task of Managing Change
The first and most obvious definition of "change management" is that the term refers to the task of managing change. The obvious is not necessarily unambiguous. Managing change is itself a term that has at least two meanings.
One meaning of "managing change" refers to the making of changes in a planned and managed or systematic fashion. The aim is to more effectively implement new methods and systems in an ongoing organization. The changes to be managed lie within and are controlled by the organization. Perhaps the most familiar instance of this kind of change is the change or version control aspect of information system development projects. However, these internal changes might have been triggered by events originating outside the organization, in what is usually termed "the environment." Hence, the second meaning of managing change, namely, the response to changes over which the organization exercises little or no control (e.g., legislation, social and political upheaval, the actions of competitors, shifting economic tides and currents, and so on). Researchers and practitioners alike typically distinguish between a knee-jerk or reactive response and an ...
This solution discusses some definitions of change management and how they can be applied in solving opportunities during change. It also looks at what is the most important aspect for a CEO to consider in developing and implementing change with an organization and why.
Strategies for change resistance
In paragraph format, answer the following questions:
1. What is resistance and how can it affect the success of a change strategy?
2. Summarize how to overcome "change fatigue."
3. What are the six critical moments in the change process?
4. Describe an organization development project that would be appropriate for your organization and indicate what role you would assume as a change maker. Explain how you made this choice.
5. For the project description above, identify some of the barriers to empowerment and how you plan to overcome them.
6. For the same project, is change fatigue a factor? Why or why not?
7. Discuss what types of rewards would motivate you and your co-workers in your organization. Are they mostly tangible, intangible, or through recognition?View Full Posting Details