What do you think is the most important aspect of strategic training? Which model is generally most effective and why?
Here are the five (5) models discussed in my textbook
1. Faculty Model-which is headed by a director and staffed with experts in particular topics
2. Customer Model-which trains for just one specific division or function of the company
3. Matrix Model-in which trainers report to managers in both training and the department they are training
4. Corporate University Model-which trains managers, employees, and outside stakeholders
5. Business-Embedded Model-which treats all parties as customers and focuses on their needs exclusively
The most important aspect of strategic training is that the training is task specific. When training is conducted in a manner that is consistent with the skills and knowledge that are required in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the individuals being trained, the training itself will be much more effective and beneficial to the individuals that are receiving the training, as well as the organization that these employees are a part of.
The strategic aspect of training involves improving the proficiency of the individuals that are ...