I am starting on a new Business Anaylst team at work and I need some suggestions to get started.
First, could you provide some job description and duties for Business Analyst title?
Secondly,I need to create RFQ process and flowchart for computer manufacturing company.
SOLUTION This solution is FREE courtesy of BrainMass!
Please see the attached file.
A business analyst is someone who is specialized to analyze business needs and problems, consults with users and stakeholders to identify the various opportunities for improving business return through information technology, and transforms requirements into a technical form. Briefly the job of a business analyst is to review the data of a firm and make suggestions for doing a more efficient job.
Below are some of the duties of a business analyst are summarized from Exforsys Inc:
1. Business analysts meet with the pertinent parties, in an organization including management and employees, who are necessary to the successful completion of the analysis. They will interview the individuals and determine whom they are dealing with and what areas need to be addressed the most.
2. They must then analyze important data related to the business such as business records, operating manuals, business guides and other pertinent documents. Anything which can help the business analyst best perform their duties should be reviewed.
3. The business analyst must then decide how to proceed. From that point forward, this individual will perform training sessions, construct new procedure manuals, institute new company procedures and take any other important and necessary steps towards resolving any problems with the business
4. The business analyst must also prepare graphs, charts and analyze documents which show what changes need to be taken by the company and why. This will be a way for the business analyst to show his/her findings and document them for the company heads.
5. A business analyst also has the specific duty of brining in any outside help for the benefit of the company.
6. Finally a business analyst must perform a report at the end of their role in the company analysis which shows what steps of improvement were taken as a result of the analysis.
During the computer manufacturing process, components like the metal housing, LCD display, covers, and battery, the costs reflect either different providers or different terms from the same vendor; these contract terms are specified in the RFQ (Request for quote) process.
The computer company (buyer) is able to request quotes from computer parts suppliers.
1 - Identify needs for computer parts - Produce list of eligible suppliers
2 - Process RFQ (see Standing Orders) - Suppliers receive RFQ
3 - Supplier responds to RFQ - Procurer receives RFQs
4 - Procurer evaluates RFQs - Successful supplier identified
5 - Procurer raises purchase order to successful supplier from RFQ
1. Business Analyst - IBM Infocenter Glossary
2. Business Analyst Job Description
3. Duties of a Business Analyst