Functional Purpose: Develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates national policies, programs and procedures in a major area of postal operations such as processing, delivery, service, complement planning, or systems implementation.
1. Knowledge of national policies, programs, and procedures related to postal operations, such as, mail processing, delivery, service, complement planning, and systems implementation.
2. Ability to develop, implement, and monitor programs and make recommendations for new or revised operational programs and systems in order to improve service, reduce costs, enhance products, and achieve operational goals.
3. Ability to analyze national programs including identifying equipment requirements, training needs, and positive and negative trends.
4. Ability to oversee projects relating to operational models incorporating technological changes and improvements.
5. Ability to communicate orally, in order to confer and exchange technical information with vendors, contractors, representatives of other government agencies, and major mailers.
6. Ability to communicate in writing in order to prepare project reports.
7. Ability to provide technical guidance to field operations managers.
A statement for each knowledge, skill, or ability (KSA) each bullets must have a STAR (Situation, Task, Action and Result) format.
Situation: Necessity for improvement in the mail communication services of the company
Task: Review the current procedures to see what improvement could be done
Action: Look through the national policies and procedures for potential ideas
Result: Get an idea if improvements are necessary and, if yes, what those could be
Situation: On the basis of the above analysis the changes are necessary
Task: Develop recommendations about the improvements
Action: Develop, implement, and monitor programs to improve service and ...
STAR given for each of the seven tasks in bullet format.