FUNCTIONAL PURPOSE: Performs activities associated with the environmental program for an area to implement environmental programs and to maintain compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
1. Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to environmental protection at a level sufficient to provide technical guidance on environmental issues.
2. Ability to implement policies and procedures related to environmental management programs and audit systems.
3. Ability to conduct compliance audits and reviews, which includes collecting and analyzing data, reporting results, and making recommendations based on findings.
4. Ability to assess the potential impact of environmental non-compliance on postal operations and develop alternatives.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to provide technical guidance, develop position papers, and brief managers on environmental issues.
6. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agency representatives in order to exchange information and negotiate to minimize adverse impact on the Postal Service.
7. Ability to coordinate and oversee the activities of contract and professional employees to achieve project objectives.
A statement for each knowledge, skill, or ability (KSA) each bullets must have a STAR (Situation, Task, Action and Result) format.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 7:25 pm ad1c9bdddf
Examples of duties performed by environmental compliance specialists include:
1. Reviews existing documents for accuracy of data, references, and current regulations. Researches regulations and law changes since the release of the last version of documents. Provides field support on routine field inspection requests and trouble calls.
2. Manages and ...
Human Resources- Executive Assistant Job Description
Scenario: You need to hire the Executive Assistant for the new President. No job description exists for this position, but the position needs to be filled quickly. You obviously want to make a good impression on this assignment and fill the job with a top-notch candidate. Review the above linked article and create what you think would be the essential functions of the Administrative Assistant position.
Problem: Draft a position description including a position summary, 5 or 6 essential job functions - listing the most important first; education needed for the position, experience needed, any required skills, and any preferred skills that you would think appropriate.
Next, detail the most appropriate selection process for hiring for the position, from the writing of the job description, all the way to acceptance of the job offer.
Finally, how will the new employee at this level know that he or she is doing a good job? By what method will he or she be appraised and at what points after hire? Write one page that establishes clear performance appraisal process for the position. Use a method which would be suitable for application to all in administrative positions in the company.