Assume you are a Manufacturing Manager who is responsible for leading a global cross functional team. The team has been tasked with developing a more cost effective way of producing your specialty motorcycle known as the 'Hot Rod' without sacrificing product quality. Your team's job is to figure out the best new processes and test them before the end of the next quarter. Since the team has only six months to complete this task, time is of the essence.
1. How can personal networking help you achieve this task?
2. What specific barriers to communication may occur in your project and how might you mange to overcome them?
3. How can horizontal communication help you lead this team?
4. How might culture affect communication on this team?
5. What specific communication methods would you use to keep the team members and management informed on the project, due dates and launch activities?
Personal networking can achieve the task of developing and testing new processes by communicating with each member on progress and helping coordinate efforts of each member of the team. Problems or challenges can be communicated quickly and forwarded to other team members, so that they may assist in the problem solving activities. Keeping in touch on a regular basis will help ensure that all team members are on the same page, with respect to needs and time lines.
Barriers to communication may ...
This document discusses the importance of cross functional teams in a global organization. It provides solutions in cross communications barriers within various teams in the organization and across various departments or activities. Some suggestions include adopting a common language within the organization and a means for employing a horizontal communications strategy.