Consider how communication, attitudes, behaviors, and culture affect team performance. What guide would you use to lead a work team? Provide examples of cross-functional, virtual or problem solving.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:08 am ad1c9bdddf
Communication is crucial in cross functional teams. This is because a cross functional team consists of members from across the organization. Through effective communication, the need and importance of the team's goals can be highlighted to all concerned. Team members must communicate the team objectives to their respective departments in a language that will be understood by them (MT, n.d.).
Culturally, the cross functional teams ...
Explain how to build teams and manage their different stages of development.
Details: You will be a member of the newly-formed project staff team. This team will need to realize process gains within its first three months. You want to help, not hinder, the team's progress, so you decide to do some research upfront. You bring up your challenge at your managerial networking meeting. You pose the following questions to the group.
1. What kind of work group is the project staff team - task force, command group, or friendship group?
2. What characteristics of the team are likely to contribute to the goal of process gains within the next three months?
3. What are some sources of potential process losses?
4. How would you , alter or enhance your conception of effective work groups?
5. Identify elements of group effectiveness that you may be able to influence.
6. Think about how you would increase the probability of process gains within your project staff team.