As you know how important it is for leaders to be aware of the individual and group differences within their teams. There are individual and group dynamics which impact team effectiveness and overall progress toward team goals. Provide examples of these dynamics. Describe the steps a leader might take to assess individual and group dynamics within a team. What specific steps could he or she take to conduct this analysis? What advantage would this analysis have for leaders?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:20 am ad1c9bdddf
Leaders must be aware of individual and group differences within their teams in order to maximize the harmony and success of the group. Group dynamics are so important that dysfunctional teams will be unable to accomplish simple tasks without backbiting and sabotage. In contrast, successful teams pool ideas and experience, communicating to search for a collective outcome. In this manner, teams generate insight and become problem solvers through a collaborated effort.
Individual and group dynamics can increase effectiveness and overall progress toward team goals. For instance, if members of a group fail to communicate with one another the team will fail to make progress. Lack of communication may be due to cultural barriers, personality factors, or lack of skills. Relationships within a group can also hamper or help group effectiveness, either encouraging team members to work together or ...
This solution provides examples of individual and group dynamics, and how to assess using specific steps. It also outlines benefits of analysis for leaders. APA formatted references are included.
Group Dynamics Assessment
Identify an organizational group of which you have been a part, such as a department, committee, or coalition.
Write a response in which you analyze the group dynamics of your selected group. As a part of your analysis, address the following items:
• Describe your selected group, including the purpose of the group, the group's goals, and the demographic nature of the group-gender, education level, and so forth.
• Describe the stages of development your group has experienced.
• Analyze the structure of your selected group and the effect that this structure has on the effectiveness of the group.
• Explain the dynamics of group behavior within your selected group.
• Analyze the effect that your selected group has had on you concerning the following concepts: group polarization, conformity, and groupthink.
Include at least three peer-reviewed references.View Full Posting Details