- THE CHOSEN BRAND: Identify 1 well-known brand, and describe what draws you to that brand. You must analyze your own brand behavior using concepts from this week's readings and lectures.
- THE COMPETITION: Describe a major competitor of the brand, and compare the 2 brands in terms of positioning.
- Are they positioned differently?
- What are the points of parity?
- What are the points of differentiation?
- ANALYSIS: Conclude with an analysis of why you are drawn to the chosen brand instead of its competitor. Your analysis must be substantiated by research from graduate-level resources, such as the course text or articles from the library's full-text databases.
Please cite all references used.
The brand selected for this assignment is BMW. BMW is a global manufacturer of luxury automobiles and the brand is positioned as a symbol of luxury with performance. BMW vehicles are known for their style, performance and quality engineering in the luxury automobile segment. One of the major factors that draw me towards this brand is that BMW is synonymous with a product that not only excels in terms of luxury, but also in terms of design, performance and engineering excellence. BMW's vehicles are meant to be driven by the owner and not a back seat automobile driven by chauffeurs. The adrenaline rush that this brand gives to its owners is ...
Identify 1 well-known brand, and describe what draws you to that brand. You must analyze your own brand behavior using concepts from this week's readings and lectures.