Why do intermediaries bother to sponsor their own brand? What is the role of private label brands in the market place? From the consumers viewpoint, why would you or wouldn't you buy these generic brands versus more well-known brand names? Does it depend upon the product being sold?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:04 am ad1c9bdddf
Private label brands offer value to the customer as well as higher margin to the retailer. In many cases, it gives the retailer or manufacturer an opportunity to control their own destiny, rather than have their actions (pricing, display) dictated by the major brands. Intermediaries sponsor their ...
This solution addresses why intermediaries sponsor their own brand, the role of private label in the marketplace, and personal views regarding private label. It includes examples.
Direct Marketing. Retailing. Wholesaling.
1. What is the difference between a push marketing strategy and a pull marketing strategy? Explain how each of these strategies work.
2. Describe channel conflict and provide an example.
3. What is a direct marketing channel? Please provide an example.
4. What are the differences between exclusive distribution, selective distribution, and intensive distribution? Why would you choose one of these strategies over another?
5. How would you describe retailing? What are the four levels of service?
6. Why do intermediaries bother to sponsor their own brand? What is the role of private label brands in the market place?
7. Describe wholesaling. Why do manufacturers not sell directly to retailers or final customers?
8. Explain supply chain management and market logistics. Why are these efficient processes important to many industries?View Full Posting Details