Identify an organization to which you have access to at least some information concerning financial data; staffing and human resource systems; marketing and customer relations; information systems; and operations.
When you have thought about it and made your selection, please specify:
- The name of your organization
- What this organization does == its mission, vision and overall strategy
- The access you have to information about this organization -- remember, you'll need information about its financial performance, marketing, internal operations, strategy, and management systems.
Once you're reasonably clear on what's involved, think about your organization and its finances, and then:
- Identify at least three objectives for improving the organization's financial position, and show how they relate to the mission, vision and strategy of the organization.
- For each objective, develop at least one meaningful performance measure (metric).
- For each objective, identify at least one expected level of performance (target).
- For each objective, identify at least one new action or program that needs to be developed to ensure successful implementation of the organization's strategy (initiative).
The organization: Camp Dixie, a summer camp for boys and girls in the Mountains of North Georgia, USA.
The organization selected is a camp in the North Georgia Mountains. You are provided with their strategy and financial objectives, metrics, and initiatives are in word for you. I then propose measures and initiatives for their financial perspective. There is enough data on this organization to complete a full balanced scorecard but only the one area (financial) is completed here for you. This is a practice example and not a posting teaching the basics of the scorecard.