1. Assuming you were to implement servant leadership in your organization or another organization in which you are involved, such as a community group or a church, identify the potential areas of impact on the organization. How would you measure this area of impact?
2. The topic of impact of servant leadership on results. Find an articles or references that report research that demonstrated the impact of servant leadership on results. Describe the impacts realized.
3.The topic: balanced scorecard. Hypothesize why this model is considered a comprehensive as well as systemic model for measuring an organization's improvements in results.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:01 am ad1c9bdddf
Assuming you were to implement servant leadership in your organization or another organization in which you are involved, such as a community group or a church, identify the potential areas of impact on the organization. How would you measure this area of impact?
Servant leadership focuses on satisfying the needs of followers (McCrimmon, 2010). They prefer to lead their followers with respect, value and motivation. It is unfortunate that leaders often do not have servant hood leadership skills. For example, my church organization lacks servant hood leadership which is meeting the needs of the community. It is not only giving of arms to the poor but also show love, emotions, understanding, and sensitive to all people.
According to Barbuto and Wheeler, (2006); Liden, Wayne, Zhao, & Henderson (2008), there are nine dimensions of servant leadership that would certainly impact the church organization:
1. Emotional healing - the act of showing sensitivity to others' personal concerns
2. Creating value for the community - a conscious, genuine concern for helping the community
3. Conceptual skills - possessing the knowledge of the organization and tasks at hand so as to be in a position to effectively support and assist others, especially immediate followers
4. Empowering - encouraging and facilitating others, especially immediate followers, in identifying and solving problems, as well as determining when and how to complete work tasks
5. Helping subordinates grow and succeed - demonstrating genuine concern for others' career growth and development by providing support and mentoring
6. Putting subordinates first - using actions and words to make it clear to others (especially immediate followers) that satisfying their work needs is a priority (Supervisors who practice this principle will often break from their own work to assist subordinates with problems they are facing with their assigned duties.)
7. Behaving ethically - interacting openly, fairly, and honestly with others
8. Relationships - the act of making a genuine effort to know, understand, and support others in the organization, with an emphasis on ...
Servant leadership has a positive impact on organizational learning, knowledge, and performance which results in organizational growth.
Identify the organizational behavior concepts and leadership theories
You are the supervisor of the clerical support assistant for the department. You have never had formal leadership responsibilities before, and you wish to maximize the possibility that you will be successful with this new responsibility. On your own (not at the direction of your supervisor), you investigate major leadership theories and models. Develop a Pro and Con list involving these theories/models. Reflect on each theory and comment on how the theory fits with your own personal style. For example - with a contingency style of leadership, perhaps this would not fit with someone's style if that person believes that all subordinates should be treated identically.
? Big Dog's Leadership Page - Leadership Styles
? Leadership: An Overview
Instructor Comments: You are investigating leadership, not management. This is an IP requiring three sources cited APA.View Full Posting Details